The 4YFN Awards will return to MWC19 once more, celebrating the most innovative and visionary start-ups from around the world. Five finalists have been shortlisted following an intensive selection process with applicants from more than 200 companies. The selected finalists now have the opportunity to win the prestigious ‘4YFN Start-up of the Year’ award, plus prizes worth €300,000 during an award ceremony taking place on 27 February at the Banc Sabadell Stage during 4YFN at MWC19.
“We have created awards that go beyond momentary recognition. We not only look for the most innovative or visionary start-up, we also seek to generate opportunities for entrepreneurs to establish contacts with investors and put their projects in front of a live audience and a group of experts who will judge and give advice,” said Pere Duran, Event Series Director of 4YFN.
The five finalists will present their business ideas on the main stage in front of a panel of expert judges and an audience of more than 450 people. Each company will have five minutes to pitch their idea before being questioned for two minutes by the panel. Only one company will be crowned ‘4YFN Start-up of the Year 2019’.
The winning start-up will receive a number of benefits focused on helping it to continue growing and developing, including. Total prize value of €300,000, including:
1. Free exhibition space at 4YFN Barcelona, 4YFN Shanghai or 4YFN Los Angeles
2. Office and business support services from the MediaTIC incubator for three months and three team members
3. Lifetime access to FindThatLead.com to support finding new clients and investors
4. An invitation to Las Vegas to participate in AWS re:Invent 2019
Additionally, throughout 4YFN, all five finalists will have their own exhibition area within #4YFN19, where they will be in direct contact with investors and representatives of the global start-up ecosystem.
THE FINAL FIVE STARTUPS
The five international start-ups that have been selected to participate in the final phase of the 4YFN Awards 2019 are:
- Carfit (France):Carfit technology based on Artificial Intelligence and reads car vibrations to support and facilitate maintenance.
- NanoLock Security (Israel):NanoLock Security technology provides a low-cost security and management solution to mitigate against malicious attacks ranging from ransomware to the manipulation of stored codes and configuration information.
- Scoot Networks (US/Spain):Scoot is an application that provides shared electric vehicles on demand. The company owns different types of vehicles, including bicycles and motorcycles.
- Factorial (Spain):Factorial technology automates human resource tasks, reduces errors, obtains global organization information and makes it visible through data analysis.
- 3DLOOK (United States):3DLOOK uses new technologies, deep learning and 3D vision and scanning to transform the textile industry.